Over 900 Pages!

Talk about anything you want! Not related to the game of course.
Forum rules
Post about anything you want to post about in here. The rules for this forum are pretty lenient. Have fun with it and try to keep the mood good.
Lucide
Hero of Time

Re: Over 900 Pages!

Post by Lucide » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:48 am

I'd be way more excited for Samus Returns if AM2R hadn't come out within the last year. Which isn't exactly Nintendo's fault, they tried to shut that shit down, it's just unfortunate timing.

I really wish I'd not seen any of the releases before watching the presentation, it really look the amazement out of the big reveals.

Also, did anyone see anime dark souls?

^^^ Lucide

Not Rellim
Banned Noob

Post by Not Rellim » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:25 pm

defs crystal shards vibes from the new kirby (especially with what apparently looks like power combining hijinks)
also partners, which was missing for a few games now (and having more than one seems interesting, like they had multiple kirbies in amazing mirror I guess but those guys just fuck off and barely do anything useful unless you call their stupid asses to you)

I didn't even look at AM2R at all, lol. I always prefered the 2D metroids though. Prime is still great though either way, so hopefully they don't fuck up the new one.
I'm guessing AM2R had extremely bad timing. Nintendo didn't say anything until now, but this metroid game is coming out in like 3 months, which means they started development a good while ago. Nintendo wouldn't want a fan game to get a ton of attention and overshadow their actual 2D metroid game especially with all of the excitment it (and prime) would otherwise generate.

BIS was one of the better M&L games in the series by far. I never liked partners in time much, and paper jam is only ok. Dream Team drags on for fucking forever.
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

KingDankDankDank
Jabu Jabu Snack

Post by KingDankDankDank » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:17 pm

It really boggles my mind how a guy could put so much effort into something like AM2R and then fail to look at how other fan games continue to stay afloat. Take a look at PokeMMO, It's able to stay out of all the legal troubles by just requiring each player supply a "legally-obtained" firered/emerald rom. That model has allowed them to run a goddamn MMO with Nintendo's IP.
It would have been so easy for him to require a Metroid II rom to download or run the game, which would have put him in the legal right. Probably why nintendo waited until it came out to shut it down, they were really hoping he wouldn't be a dumbass.
Spoiler: show
still need to finish prime 1 and rest of the trilogy lol

Paper Jam is the worst Mario RPG period. You can shit on dream team for dragging but at the end of the day it's an overall solid entry with original visuals, gimmicks, characters etc. The story also kept in line with the previous entries. I thought it was flawed but definitely not a disgrace.
but fucking paper jam. I could rant at length but this is already autistic enough.
the superstar saga remake looks pretty good, I don't know how I feel about using the dream team visuals though.

tbh that anime darksouls looks really good thanks 4 sharing

Lucide
Hero of Time

Post by Lucide » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:54 pm

KingDankDankDank wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:17 pm
still need to finish prime 1 and rest of the trilogy lol
Get on it. Prime 2 is one of my all-time favourite games for a reason.
^^^ Lucide

Not Rellim
Banned Noob

Post by Not Rellim » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:01 am

PokeMMO needs a "legally" obtained rom because it literally rips the pokemon data out of the rom and uses it for their game. If anything they're skirting the border harder than most fangames.

Meanwhile AM2R is just a game maker game that gives zero shit about any of the data in metroid II. The creator requiring people to have a "legal" copy of metroid II in order to play it would have done absolutely nothing to dissuade Nintendo's lawyers from beating it to death with tire irons.

Nintendo crushes fangames when they start garnering huuuuuuuuuge amounts of hype and attention. PokeMMO is honestly fucking shit and nobody cares. AM2R has the extra bonus of having basically the worst fucking timing ever (but nobody other than nintendo could have known that).

I can't tell you if dream team is any good, because it dragged so hard even I got bored and stopped playing halfway through, which is why I didn't give any verdict other than "it's slow as shit"
I've tried to play it three times now, and I have yet to finish it once.

I still think partners in time is worse than paper jam, but opinions I guess. I don't exactly rate either of them very highly, and my standard for 'ok' is very different from most people. I played through all of paper jam. I didn't want to kill myself by the time I was done. It was ok.
Spoiler: show
It's probably worth noting that I barely paid attention to the plot in dream team OR paper jam. I didn't find either particularly interesting.
Now if I were to rate paper jam based solely on the special attacks....well the game would have gotten a -1/10
lol
they're fucking awful
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Lucide
Hero of Time

Post by Lucide » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:53 pm

The only M&L game I've ever played is Superstar Saga. On a GBA emulator like possibly 10 or more years ago.
^^^ Lucide

LPokeFan
Dark Link's Killer

Post by LPokeFan » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:00 pm

i keep meaning to play the m + l games, since they seem good, and seem to keep the old paper mario and ttyd spirit going, kind of? they at least seem to have more personality than sticker star and paper jam, altho i guess paper jam is a m + l game too

Lucide
Hero of Time

Post by Lucide » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:06 pm

They're their own beast. They don't hit the spot the way Paper Mario does.
^^^ Lucide

Ghirahim
Fabulous

Post by Ghirahim » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:53 pm

Can't think of anything to post so have a dumb video instead.

Lucide
Hero of Time

Post by Lucide » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:40 am

Ho s hit! I just found my 3DS that I had written off as lost!
Gateway cards still in it and it all still works!

What are some games I've missed in the last 1 & 1/2 - 2 years that I should acquire extralegally and play?
^^^ Lucide